Thursday 17 January 2013

Youtube beauty "guru" Nikkie Tutorials.




Over the last few years I have become addicted to watching makeup tutorials on Youtube, however, anyone who knows me, knows I am quite particular about who I watch. As someone who puts makeup on peoples faces for a living, I want to learn new things and be inspired by watching others. I do think that Youtube is a wonderful platform and a great way of communicating and sharing with the rest of the world, I also this there is a lot of crap on youtube. The people I only really watch for serious "education" purposes tend to be actual makeup artists, a bit snobby I know, I feel a bit bad about it. There is one gorgeous young lady that stands out amongst the rest. 
Lady Gaga "fame"

Step forward NikkieTutorials, now this girl can paint face! When I first discovered her videos I was instantly taken aback by her ability and technique, her beautiful pale skin and the fact she was only 16 at the time. I then discovered she was self taught! I too am self taught so I assumed that if I watched her videos I would be just as good. Sadly for me, every time she posts a new video its always even more amazing than the last. Nikkie isn't afraid to challenge herself, she will recreate looks from the latest runway shows, magazine covers and popular celebrities. Her Halloween looks are always creative and intricate but have an awesome "high fashion edge". Her talent has lead her to become a tutor at the B Academy and to be signed to a top agency where she has gone on to work on some amazing projects.

So, if you are looking to brush up on your makeup skills or just be entertained and inspired go to http://www.youtube.com/user/NikkieTutorials 




Halloween: Colourful Skull Makeup Tutorial

Lady Gaga "FAME" Commercial Inspired Makeup Tutorial

Modern Pin Up with a Twist! Makeup Tutorial


No comments:

Post a Comment