Tuesday 29 January 2013

My Winter Essentials.

In the winter everyone's skin tends to get a little dry and dehydrated and we end up spending a fortune on lotions and potions to make it feel better. I thought I would share with you some of my winter essentials for keeping my horrendously dry flakey skin hydrated and somewhat healthy looking.


Firstly, I drink A LOT of water! I try and carry a litre bottle with me at all times and I have disciplined myself to get through 2 a day. We've it heard so many times but drinking water is paramount to healthy skin, basically healthy everything. Product wise I try and keep it as simple as possible, less is more, but I feel that the quality of the product is important.
 After I have cleansed my skin I apply a generous amount of Clarins HydraQuench Cream over my face and neck, day and night. This cream has a wonderful lightweight gel texture so it absorbs quickly into the skin and never feels greasy. I then apply Origins A Perfect World SPF35 UV Face Protector, a hydrating sun screen that I also double up as a tinted moisturiser. It is only slightly tinted but on good skin days I find that, paired with concealer, it is sufficient coverage. I have had a long relationship with this product and it has never failed me, it smells amazing, leaves my skin hydrated and most importantly, protects my skin. SPF is the best anti aging product out there, not only does it do the obvious by blocking out the suns harmful rays, but it also protects against environmental damage, which is a must when you live in a busy city.
For concealer, I cannot get enough of the amazing and super cheap Collection Illuminating Touch Concealer. If you have ever used the YSL Touche Eclat you will know the concept of these highlighting/concealer "pens" but there is something different about this one. It provides great coverage, looks completely natural and imparts the skin with light. Also it is only £4.99 and you can get it on the high street! I used it recently for a red carpet event and my client couldn't believe how great it looked in real life and in photographs. The packaging has recently been updated but it is still the same great product.
As I want my skin to remain hydrated and appear moisturised and natural I like to stick to cream blusher to add a bit of colour to my pale skin. I like to pick and choose but I always go back to my trusty Mac Creme Blend Blush in Ladyblush. This shade has been around forever and I'm sure if Mac discontinued it there would be a mutiny on their hands, it's just a really classic soft, warm coral that suits pretty must everyone who has fair to dark olive skin tones. I just love how easy it is to use, I use my fingers.





So there you have it, simple and easy, no need to fuss. Thanks to everyone who was interested enough to ask, I hope it was helpful. If you have any more questions please don't hesistate to get in touch here or via facebook. https://www.facebook.com/SophieCoxMUA


xxx

Clarins HydraQuench Cream £33.50 (50ml)
Origins A Perfect World SPF35 UV Face Protector £20 (40ml)
Collection Illuminating Touch Concealer £4.99
MAC Cosmetics Cremeblend Blush £17.50

No comments:

Post a Comment