Monday 14 January 2013

Recreation #1





I thought I would set myself the challenge this year of recreating a few of my favourite inspirational images that I have seen online or in magazines. A few weeks ago I came across this beautiful image via Makeup Artists Meet, who regularly post gorgeous images on their facebook, twitter and instagram. I am a sucker for sultry, blended bronze smokey eyes and when I saw this image I just had to see if I could recreate it. I called upon my good friend and model colleague Lucy Cates to sit for me as she has wonderfully unique features that take makeup so well. I have included a link below to Lucy’s agency so you can check out her work.
Lucy’s skin is in great condition so I didn't want to overload it with foundation, so I gently cleansed then applied a thin layer of Embryolisse lait-creme Concentre to moisturise. I wanted Lucy’s skin to look luminous so I layered Mac’s face and Body with the wonderful Clarins Instant light Complexion Perfector in #2. This product is so multi-purpose, I love it! It really smooth’s and perfects the skins appearance, there for it can be used alone or as a primer as I have done. I concentrated it on top of the cheekbones and then added a thin layer of Mac Face and Body foundation all over Lucy’s face. For the eyes I wanted to make sure I captured the beautiful bronze shadow so I mixed a few things together. As a base I used Catrice Longlasting Shadow in #040 I then layered Amber Lights and Museum Bronze Pigment (MAC) until I got the desired intensity. I made sure all the edges were soft and blended by using a MAC 217 brush, blending up towards the brow bone and out in a slight wing. To deepen the socket I used shades from my trusty Au Natural palette by Sleek Makeup, I mixed the black and the darkest brown. To achieve that gorgeous sultry lash line I roughly smudged a messy line of Teddy Eye Kohl (MAC) into the base of the lashes and again with the darkest brown from the Sleek palette, I softened and blended the line adding more liner if I felt necessary. I applied a generous amount of mascara and added my favourite ever false lashes, the Ardell Demi Wispies. They are fluffy and full but look so real, they are also only about £5. In the original images the models face is beautifully highlighted which has obviously been enhanced in post-production; I wanted to keep it all very warm so I dusted Vanilla Pigment (MAC) which has a beautiful gold sheen, over Lucy’s cheekbones, brow bone and softly down the bridge of her nose. I then just used a touch of bronzer to warm up the skin and some Clinique Invisible loose powder to set everything and remove any skin that wasn’t needed. For the lip colour I mixed MAC's Diva with an old Rimmel Lipstick that was an amazing bright pink, I then just added a clear gloss on top.





I feel like we did a pretty good job seeing I only have a little Fuji Fine Pix camera and no knowledge of editing what so ever. I want to thank Lucy for coming round and hanging out with me, your face was perfect and you are always loads of fun. I’m going to make this a regular feature on my blog as I’ve already a number of requests to recreate to awesome images. If you want to send me an image you can post them on my facebook page.


www.facebook.com/SophieCoxMUA
Lucy's agency: www.motmodel.com/models/detail.asp?model_id=6754
www.clarins.co.uk
www.ardelllashes.com
www.maccosmetics.co.uk/
Embryolisse Uk stockist: www.gurumakeupemporium.com

No comments:

Post a Comment