Wednesday 10 July 2013

My Favourite | Collection Illuminating Touch Brightening Concealer

There are so many "highlighting" concealer pens on the market these day and I think I've probably tried them all. They all claim to even, brighten and enhance your complexion but I do feel some are misleading and often not used correctly. Now, prices vary depending on the brand, from the eye wateringly expensive to the super cheap and if you are like me then you love a bargain. The product in this category that I find myself purchasing over and over again is the Collection Illuminating Touch Brightening Concealer.

This wonder product, for me, ticks all the boxes. Firstly, it has the classic simple packaging you would expect from this type of concealer, you twist the bottom to dispense the product through the soft brush tip. It has a creamy, lightweight consistency that blends easily on the skin. If the skin around the eye area is well prepared ie. hydrated, eye cream has been applied, then a little spreads a long way and it looks pretty much invisible on the skin. Whenever I wear it people tell me my skin looks good, not my foundation. On a professional level, the highlighting concealers can be a nightmare as they don't photograph well under strong studio lights,  but Collection have managed to find a formula that can live up to the task (see example below). I find myself purchasing 2 at a time, one for me, one for my kit. This product comes in 3 shades, I tend always reach for "Natural" for myself and models with fair to medium skin tone. My only con would be the lack of shade range, some deeper tones would be great.


Collection is a brand that has been around for years and continues to provide high quality, affordable products on the high street. Check out their website below or visit your nearest stockist.


http://www.collectioncosmetics.co.uk



Illuminating Touch Concealer was used to brighten under the models eyes and lightly conceal any require areas
Photograph shot by AD Vaughan for the Hairdressers Journal.

 For more reviews please follow me here and on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/SophieCoxMUA

No comments:

Post a Comment