Friday 17 August 2012

Bek Cochrane A/W 2012

I had the pleasure of working with the amazing designer Bek Cochrane back in March for her Autumn/Winter 2012 collection. The whole collection was very grunge inspired with an androgynous feel. There were lots of heavy coats and trousers teamed with soft floaty silky t-shirt dresses, my favourites being the vivid blue and murky grey. The collection was shot over two days by the wonderfully talented and humble Emilie Layla Lovaine who has a wealth of experience. Emilie's style is simple and straight to the point, ensuring every shot captured the clothes perfectly.
For the makeup Bek wanted something that would compliment the clothing but not take focus away from it. I decided to opt for a smokey black eye and fresh skin using a mixture of Iglot, Barry M, Makeup Forever and Illamasqua. I love to layer dark shadows over inky, pencil bases to ensure the colour is at it full intensity.  For the studio shoot I kept the eye very matte and perfectly blended at the edges, on location however I added Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream to the lids to give the look a more of a broken down feel. I didn't touch up the eyes at all throughout the day as I wanted to let it break down and change during the shoot.



Video shot by Emilie Layla Lovaine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6TB8gQ8v1Y
To see the full collection visit http://bekcochrane.wix.com/design
Models: Victoria Lindsay Coutts and Jordann Ebbit
Photography assistant: Anthony David Vaughan (behind the scenes shots courtesy of Anthony).

No comments:

Post a Comment