Thursday 13 September 2012

My Favourite!! Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick

I have so many women say to me that they would love to wear red lipstick but it doesn't suit them, I always tell them its about finding the perfect red. This can be a little tricky because it is a case of finding the undertones of your skin and the undertones of your red lipstick to compliment it. This, I feel deserves its own article where I can blab on in great depth. However, I have found a red lipstick that so far has worked on pretty much all skin tones, from the extremely pale to beautiful, rich ebony. This lipstick is the fabulous Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick in Really Red 006.
 


Revlon is a brand that, I feel, consistently manages to produce modern textures and formulations with a huge trend focused colour range. I had picked up a few of the Super Lustrous Matte lipsticks (Nude Attitude and Strawberry Suede which is sadly discontinued) a few years ago when I first started building my professional kit but had never given the reds a look in, until recently. Really Red 006, is a rich, true, tomato red with neutral undertones. I found when I blended it into my lips it didn't fade to pink and there were no obvious "blue" undertones , it stayed a true red. It's a lot more comfortable to wear than other matte lipsticks I have tried, the formulation is smooth and creamy and doesn't leave your lips feeling overly dry. I would make sure you apply a liberal amount of lip balm before you apply it to ensure it definitely doesn't dry your lips, overall however it is very easy to wear and stays put all day.

Revlon is available from Boots and Superdrug in the Uk with prices starting from £6.99.
http://www.boots.com/en/Revlon-Matte-Lipstick_870980/
http://www.superdrug.com/search?q=revlon+lipstick&searchsubmit=Search

No comments:

Post a Comment